WELCOME TO THE SIXTH FORM
William Robertson Academy Sixth Form is proud to be a small, formal Sixth Form based in a rural setting committed to the academic success of its students.
Since the Sixth Form began in 2012, it has gone from strength to strength. We have upheld a 100% A Level and Level 3 BTEC pass rate for the past three years and have seen our students move on to fantastic destinations. Universities our students are bound for in September 2019 include Birmingham, Swansea, York St John, Leeds Beckett and Lincoln. Students undertaking apprenticeships have begun placements with institutions such as Purple Robot and the RAF.
We achieve our excellent results through careful, personalised curriculum planning, committed teaching, rigorous assessment and tracking of student progress and regular supportive guidance for our students. We aim to treat each student as an individual and cater for his or her specific needs.
We have the highest expectations of all of our students and demonstrate this through an unwavering commitment to our Code of Conduct and Working Agreement. We believe that by consistently applying these expectations – from high attendance to a formal business dress code – we can develop excellent habits in our young people.
We proudly prepare our students for the demands of life after Sixth Form. We ensure that our students have unique opportunities to have experiences beyond their studies through our Enrichment programme, which ensures our students develop into well-rounded individuals.
Year 12 students undertake at least one week of relevant work experience alongside planned sessions about work readiness 2Fast2Soon Talk including CV building and interview preparation. We have various guest speakers in to challenge our students’ thinking and students lead a variety of clubs including debating, sports and marketing. We look forward to hearing from you about joining our Sixth Form!
Miss Charlotte Wilson, Head of Sixth Form
Just a note for Sixth Form parents to reiterate the messages from the assembly on Tuesday 3rd March:
- Attendance for Sixth Form students should be at 95% and all absences accounted for.
- All Sixth Form students should be positively, actively engaged in their learning in lessons.
- Sixth Form students are trusted to appropriately allocate their time to completion of their studies. This includes ensuring they make proper use of their study periods and the study rooms available to them.
- SWRA Sixth Form is a full-time Sixth Form and Year 12 students are expected to be on site from 8:45am-3:10pm. Leaving site is a privilege issued to students in Year 13 who have demonstrated excellent attendance, effort and proper use of study time.
- Due to space available, Year 12 students will no longer be able to bring cars on site. They will, however, be able to apply for this privilege in Year 13 which will be linked to attendance, effort and proper use of study time.
Head of Sixth Form